Getting the logo registered for your company has many perks of its own, as it gets a legal acknowledgment. By putting in little efforts, you have the authority and the right to your company logo, so why not put in that effort?
The registered logo is safe from being used by other companies, by mistake or deliberately. It proves to be a positive asset for your business along with your intellectual property rights.
The process of Logo Registration
- First and the foremost thing to do is to check whether the logo that you have chosen is exclusive or already taken by other company. As an owner, you can do the research from your own end, but it has to be authorized by Trademarks Office. For this purpose, you must take advice from your lawyer. You can do this logo availability search online or offline. This work takes one day and is absolutely free of cost.
- Next step is to fill the TM-1 form. In this form, you have to mention the sector in which your logo would be used like Hardware, Shoes, Clothing and the like. If you have a different logo for each sector, then you need to fill different application forms along with the fees of each. One thing you must note here that is your lawyer may charge his fees as well for getting these forms filled.
- After this step, you may use your logo but in order to receive the legal papers of registration. You may have to wait for some time.
- In the meantime, your application is checked by government officials. If it points out any objections to the logo, you have to pay the fees and get it corrected, and if not then, you will get a Letter of Acceptance. Followed by this is an advertisement is published in Trade Marks journals as well.
- Within 8-9 months the registration process gets over and this registered logo will be valid for 10 years from the date of registration.
Get Your Logo Registered With Us
Facing problems in getting your logo registered? Look no further than Legal-N-Tax Law Office. We help companies, brands, and organizations in logo registration. Talk with us today.